The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Saturday, October 23, 2010

25 Months

At this monthly marker, this reminder of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and years of waiting...


...she thought to herself, "I may lose my ever loving mind!!!"

...at which point she was reminded of a few distinct, definitive moments of divine intervention throughout her whirlwind week.

...and she reflected upon the One who was, and is, and always has been in control.

...she took a(nother) deep breath and rested in the knowledge of perfect timing - knowing in her humanness she would never completely understand, but holding fast to the certainty that she had to release control and accept His will. For, just as the sun will rise and set, as it did the day before and would the following day, she knew of His faithfulness and sought confidence in it.

...and there, resting there, she found safety and peace - if but for a moment.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hi! I want to introduce myself to you. I am Kelly,we are with IA and adopting a girl 0-14 months. We just passed 24months DTE.
I have enjoyed reading your blog and have found your posts very encouraging. I am cheering you on and look forward to reading about your referral.
Many blessings to you and your family.

Kelly